Upbeat Music Academy’s Lesson Policies
- For student absences:
- Please notify the instructor by call, text or email (Lora/Lucas 250-317-3685, Noel 250-681-4067) by 10 am the morning of the lesson or sooner if possible.
- There are no refunds but a make up lesson can be arranged if notification is given by 10am the morning of the scheduled lesson.
- Lessons can be filled by another family member.
- If the student is able, Zoom lessons can be an alternative to missing a lesson.
- Make Up Lessons:
- Make up lessons are offered based on instructor availability only.
- Make up lessons are offered based on adequate notification for a cancelled lesson.
- Instructor is not obligated to supply a make-up lesson or lesson credits, but may do so at their discretion, to a maximum of 3 make-up lessons per school year.
- A make up lesson can not be given unless the instructor is notified by 10 am the day of the Lesson.
- Unfortunately there can be no make up lessons for: No notification of a missed lesson or a missed make up lesson.
- Missed make up lessons cannot be rescheduled.
- Instructor Absence:
- If the instructor needs to cancel a lesson, a make up lesson will be provided. If by the end of June any make up lessons have not been fulfilled, a refund will be issued.
- If any scheduled make up lessons are missed by the student, the lessons will be considered fulfilled.
- Lesson Termination:
- If you wish to withdraw from lessons two weeks notice is required.
- Lessons will be terminated after two weeks of delinquent payment.
- Student absence for two consecutive weeks with no payment and no notification of absence, will result in lesson termination.
- It is the clients responsibility: to remember when your music lesson occurs and to notify us if the student can’t make it.
- Shared surfaces will be disinfected between lessons
- Stay home if you are sick! Online options are available.
“I took Piano lessons with Lora for 8 years. I now use the skills Lora taught me to play by ear and teach myself new music with no help. I would have not wanted to learn from anyone else.”
Over 20 years of 5 Star Ratings!
Rated 5/5 by hundreds of Students